Finally found that perfect block of land, but it’s already got a house on it?
We’ve got you covered. Our team will work with you to select the best home design to suit your site, tastes and budget.
We offer an end-to-end knockdown and rebuild service, so that when you find your ideal block (or maybe you’re already living on it!) we can help you with everything you need to create a blank slate, ready to build your dream home.
What are the benefits of a knock down vs a renovation?
While there are many reasons homeowners choose to go down each path, there are a number of reasons why knockdown-rebuilds might be the better option.
Some factors to consider:
- Renovations require you to design around the existing structure, whereas a new home gives you complete freedom to design your perfect home;
- Renovations can contribute to a cost blowout as faults and issues with the existing house are discovered along the way;
- If you’re renovating to try and mix the old and the new it can be hard to achieve a seamless blend; and
- A brand new home has a six-year and three-month structural guarantee and no hidden costs.
Why a knockdown-rebuild might be perfect for you
Making the decision to renovate or knockdown can be tricky, but there are certain situations where it a knockdown-rebuild is the smarter option.
Some factors include:
- A lack of available land in your desired suburb;
- Finding a great community with no home options;
- You’ve outgrown your current home but want to remain in the same location;
- Renovating isn’t your thing or your desired outcome will be difficult to achieve by renovating;
- A desire to avoid the transaction costs – no stamp duty, selling costs, moving fees;
- You want a modern home with the latest designs; and/or
- You want to subdivide your existing lot and get the financial benefit.
The knockdown-rebuild specialists
At OJ Pippin, we’ve successfully completed over 150 knockdown-rebuilds, so we know what it takes to do it right.
To determine whether this option is right for you, we offer an obligation-free site inspection where one of our team members will provide you with all the essential details and information you need before you start.
Our service includes knocking down the old house, applying for all council permits and engaging required services, while building your new home to a fixed-price quote.
Our talented team specialise in difficult lots – so whether yours is sloping or steep, narrow or small, or irregular, we can deliver the result you’re after.
Project feasibility & confirmation
Deciding whether your block is suited for a knockdown-rebuild is not something you have to do on your own; our team will help you determine whether it’s the right decision in three simple steps.
- Obligation-free site assessment – our construction experts will provide feedback, recommendations and discuss any potential issues with you.
- Meet with our design team – they’ll work with you to create a custom design for your home to suit your lot and requirements.
- Ball-park costings – once your lot and design are in hand, we’ll determine costings and budget.
Once you’ve decided to give your project the green light and the contract has been signed, a site assessment will begin, which includes a site survey and plans drawn up for council.
Existing home removal & beginning construction
Now it’s time to knock down the existing home and commence the new build. During this stage, we’ll take care of:
- Sourcing permits, building approvals and applications;
- Arranging the disconnection and reinstatement of all services; and
- Coordinating the demolition of your home and clearing the site.
Once the old house is removed, your new build will commence and it won’t be long until you’re in your brand new home.